Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Spring of Two Blue J's

Some pictures from around the city... To the sounds of the genius Cecil Taylor...

Hanyang (my part of town), behind the Rainbow Bridge, from the cross-river ferry.

Hankou, from said ferry, with lots of river in the foreground.

Myself, rising up with the farmers and labourers at Walking Street. UNITE!

A lion and a dog, raised together since cub/puppy-hood, at the Hanyang zoo.

A giant panda, napping.

A reindeer, or reindeer-like creature.

A "hippie cow," as my guide explained...

The great beast.

I don't know. Some variety of monkey.

Sweet baby orangutang.

Traditional Chinese garden.

In a traditional Chinese garden.

Back at Walking Street.

On a murderous rampage.

Seasons Greetings! On April 24th. This is a huge neon sign on the side of a building. 6 or 8 stories tall. This was one of the things I first noticed when I got to China, you see Christmas decorations all over the place. I don't know why.

3 comments:

  1. you are looking too thin! i am coming to china to force feed you some nice fattening american food. and i love the hippie cow. i want one really bad. so work on that. i miss you, brother. (awwwww..)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hippie cow... What a nice guide ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My my, you look very nice in your t-shirt Mr. Scott!

    ReplyDelete