Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Song-Song

So I got my music thing working again. It occurred to me that it would still work on the blog even if I can't listen to it in Japan. Its a hurtful reminder of my sad state of music these days. My vast personal library has been rendered inaccessible by malfunctioning hardware. I have but a tiny fraction of my stash on my actual computer but it mainly serves as a reminder of my loss. I hardly ever listen to music at home anymore. How depressing. That's also due in large part to my relatively recent foray into podcasts which is not a negative per se, but listening to music used to just be such a huge part of my life that its new absence makes me sad.

I imagine this has more than a little to do with where I live, but it seems like there are lots of trucks on the road in Japan. Like big trucks I mean. Not 18 wheelers exactly, but their smaller siblings where the trailer is permanently attached to the cab. Anyway, Route 2, my local thoroughfare, is crawling with them. It's at least a 1 to 1 ratio to cars. So I was thinking maybe that has to do with trains. In America no one rides the train. Not in Texas anyway. We use our railways for freight and cargo. Not so in Japan. Trains are probably the most common form of transport. And with people taking up all the space on the rails, all the cargo is relegated to the highways and byways. Or thats my theory at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment